Workforce Boulder County (WfBC), a Colorado Workforce Center, offers a wide variety of services to Job Seekers and Businesses.
Events for Job Seekers (when this is highlighted, it will take you to the events page)
Colorado Department of Labor and Employment Self Registration
If you are an Unemployment Insurance Claimant, by registering on Connecting Colorado you will meet your requirement of registering for work. Connecting Colorado is a place where individuals seeking employment and businesses seeking employees can be matched and brought together to fit each others needs. The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment provides this site as a free resource to job seekers and employers who wish to use the Colorado Workforce Center system through a convenient and secure method. Learn how to register with Connecting Colorado here.
How are we doing?
We appreciate your comments. Your feedback is important to us!
WfBC offers user friendly job search resources:
- Computers with updated software
- Internet access to job listing sites
- Access to America’s Job Network
- Resume software
- Assessment and career information software programs
- Newspapers, books, periodicals, and magazines
- Employment registration is open to anyone looking for work
- Applicants are interviewed to determine skills, experience and job target
- Computerized job system matches job seeker with employer
- State wide job search available
- Referrals to employers
- Limited career counseling and self-directed vocational assessments to assist in determing occupations that match aptitude and abilities
- Basic skills assessments to determine reading and math skills levels
- Individual computer assisted basic skills training
- Skill training levels target the non-reader through GED
- Assistance to learn demand software packages
Job Search Workshops
covering a variety of job seeking skills
WfBC offers workshops in a variety of areas to assist job seekers in obtaining the employment they need and want. A complete list of workshops with course decriptions is located here.
- Limited scholarships and tuition assistance are available
- Scholarships may be used for training in high demand occupations
Internships / On-the-job Training
Some clients may qualify for the following:
- Paid / unpaid internships at a variety of non-profit, private for profit or public entities work sites
- The intern will be trained in specified job skills and / or workplace success skills